Business & Professional Services
Pearland’s strategic location in the Houston region provides convenient access to one of the nation’s largest and most talented labor forces. This, combined with Pearland’s outstanding business community and pro-business environment, makes our community a premier business location choice for corporate headquarters or regional office locations.
Situated immediately south and contiguous to the City of Houston, Pearland’s growth has yielded a diverse and talented labor force, with over half our residents having earned a bachelor degree or higher. This high caliber workforce has been attracted by our superior quality of life and proximity to the region’s business, educational and cultural amenities.
Benefits for business and professional service companies in Pearland include:
Skilled and Available Workforce:
- Since 2005, Pearland’s estimated labor force has grown from just over 31,302 to over 64,000 in 2019
- Pearland is served by top-rated school districts for K-12 education, along with more than 60 degree granting institutions in the region for higher-education, providing our community with a strong foundation from which to recruit young talented professionals for the coming years
- Pearland’s strategic location within the Houston MSA provides local employers access to over 2.8 million talented and seasoned workers in industries such as energy, manufacturing and allied healthcare—including over 7,500 Texas Medical Center employees that live within the Pearland city limits
- The State of Texas has no personal or corporate income tax
- Pearland has a cost of living that is well below the national average and offers a wide variety of housing options that are reasonably priced compared to other areas of the country
- Pearland offers amenitized, shovel-ready sites with quality infrastructure in place
- Pearland’s location at the intersection of State Highway 288 and Beltway 8 offers excellent access to the greater Houston region
- With easy access to national and international flight networks at Bush Intercontinental and Hobby airports, business travel is convenient and nearly effortless
- PEDC offers aggressive incentives for companies creating primary jobs in the community
- The City of Pearland offers property tax abatement to certain types of businesses based on primary job creation and investment
- PEDC staff is ready to work with you to identify the incentives available and work to with city, state and county officials to apply for applicable incentive programs
RECENT BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL PROJECTS:
In 2019, Endress+Hauser broke ground on a 112,000 square-foot Gulf Coast Regional Campus in Pearland’s Lower Kirby District. The facility will house teams to support Endress+Hauser’s products, solutions and services, along with partners SpectraSensors, Analytik Jena, and Vector Controls and Automation Group. The campus will also offer areas for calibration, repair and training, including a state-of-the-art PTU.
In 2016, Buc-ee’s opened an office location in Pearland to house its growing legal, human resources and accounting personnel. Buc-ee’s currently occupies 12,500 square-feet in Pearland Town Center.
In 2013, Kelsey Seybold relocated its administrative headquarters to Pearland. The 170,000 square-foot, four-story office building is located on an 18 acre site in Shadow Creek Ranch on the northeast corner of Kirby Drive and Shadow Creek Parkway, just west of State Highway 288. The administrative offices support Kelsey-Seybold’s 370 physicians providing primary care and specialty care at 20 clinic locations throughout the region.
In 2012, Mott McDonald expanded and relocated its Pearland office. The new office in the Shadow Creek Business Center occupies 20,000 square feet of lease space and is home to 80 employees.
In 2008, Wilmar Oleo opened its North America headquarters in Pearland. Wilmar’s Pearland location houses its sales and administrative staff and occupies 5,300 square-feet in Pearland Town Center.