Lower Kirby District
The Lower Kirby District is a 1,200-acre mixed-use development in northwest Pearland, fronting South Beltway 8 and State Highway 288. The master plan for the District includes urban residential, office, retail, technology/research campus and light manufacturing all linked by landscaped boulevards with walking trails and parks.
Lower Kirby is capturing a significant portion of office, retail, commercial and industrial projects as the Houston market continues to grow and expand. To learn more, visit www.lowerkirby.com.
Existing developments within the Lower Kirby Urban District include:
- Endress+Hauser’s 112,000 SF Gulf Coast Regional Center campus
- Lonza’s 300,000 SF viral and immunotherapy development and manufacturing facility – the largest dedicated cell and gene therapy manufacturing facility in the world
- America Modern Green is developing the Ivy District – a planned development proposed to include office, continuing care retirement center, retail, condominiums, townhomes and apartments.
- Tool-Flo’s 80,000 SF headquarters, training and manufacturing facility
- Rex Supply’s 46,000 SF facility that serves as a headquarters for Rex Supply and a new distribution center for Production Tool Supply Co., LLC
- Merit Medical’s 92,000 SF R&D/medical device manufacturing facility
- Dover Energy’s 150,000 SF manufacturing and operations center
- Mitsubishi Heavy Compressor Corporation’s 180,000 SF office, manufacturing & warehouse facility
- Bass Pro Shop’s 150,000 SF retail location developed by Poag & McEwen
- Cardiovascular Systems, Inc.’s 46,000 SF medical device manufacturing facility
- Pearland Surgery Center
As development continues to thrive in the Lower Kirby District, many infrastructure projects are underway to bring additional value to the community. Hooper Road was recently reconstructed from Beltway 8 to Fruge Road. Construction to extend North Spectrum Boulevard was recently completed and South Spectrum Boulevard is currently being extended from Kirby Drive to Promenade Shops.
In 2009, the Pearland Economic Development Corporation and City of Pearland hired Gateway Planning Group to develop a strategy for the Lower Kirby Urban District. Planning for zoning aligned by location and character, infrastructure and development guidelines, the strategy positions the district to maximize return on investment and building consistency. These plans, coupled with a phased infrastructure strategy, create a uniquely positioned investment opportunity for Pearland and potential investors.